Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Emilee!

Its amazing to look back at pictures taking throughout the last few years and see how much you really have changed. This is you about 5 days old. This was my favorite stage. You slept so much and I would hold you the entire time. People would tell me not to spoil you, but I had so much love in my heart for you and I felt that if I just held you you would feel that love and feel comforted and secure. I wanted to protect you from everything.



Here you are as a 1 year old. You had so much personality and were starting to test all the limits. This was the begining of all the trouble you would cause as you grew...this was my favorite stage. Watching you learn to walk, talk, and express a variety of emotions. I remember the first walk I took with you outside. We were walking around the block and when we were 3/4 of the way home you started staggering off to the side, and I watched as you found the curb and sat down, then you raised your arms up for me to carry you.



Then at age 2...your personality and your search for independence really took off. You had a mind of your own and I loved seeing it work. You are so smart and it took me off guard more than once. This was my favorite stage because I got to see your creativity and your vocabulary grow. You were singing songs and talking non stop.



And now you're 3! Wow, how the time has flown. I love you more and more each and every day. You bring so much happiness to mine and your dad's life. This is my favorite stage with all the funny little quirky things you say. A day doesn't go by in which you don't make me laugh. You tell the best stories and sing the best songs. I know I said that every stage was my favorite, but its true there hasn't been one thing that I haven't enjoyed about being your mother. Each stage is an adventure and I'm so glad we get to tackle it together. Happy Birthday Emilee...I love you.

4 comments:

The Pollard Family said...

Happy Birthday Emi! She is such a cutie Alyssa. We need to get together soon and play one of these fridays. I'm ready for a scrapbook night:)

Jami Jackson said...

What a darling post to go along with a darling little girl! Hope she had a great birthday!

Ty and Meg said...

She is so adorable! I cannot believe she is 3 years old. Time just goes faster the older we get I think. Glad, as always, to see things are going well for you.

The Jones' said...

Holy Moly! What a cute little girl! You are such a sweet mother and she is lucky to have you. Hope her birthday was amazing!