Monday, March 1, 2010

Meal Planning

My friend Steph started posting her weekly meal plans and I thought it would be a good idea to get me motivated. My husband loves cooking but he works nights now, and I would rather eat out than cook...I know its hard to believe that when my mother is such an amazing cook. Kurt joked once, "Ya know when I decided to marry you I thought you'd have some of your mother's cooking skills." I let him know that he had it all backwards...if you want a wife who can cook make sure her mother can't, because if her mom is a good cook the girl has probably never cooked a day in her life. (: I know thats not true for all but in my case it was. So hopefully this will help.

Sunday - We had Costa Vida Sweet Pork Salads (homemade) Not an easy meal.
Monday - We had Tater To Caserole (Very easy to make.)
Tuesday - 3 Cheese Pork Enchiladas
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Summer Salad
Friday - Mexican Caserole
Saturday - Lasgna Rolls

Some of these are kind of big meals so we might end up having leftovers 2 nights and save on of the other meals for next week.

Here are some pictures of my very successful shopping trip: I spent under $70 on it all. This should last us the next two weeks if all goes to plan. (plus stuff we already had of course).



No comments: