Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life...Who said it would be easy?

This afternoon my husband and I decided to take Emi out to learn how to ride her bike. She of course wanted to ride it to Grandma's. We went down and when we got there no one was there. We were about to leave when we received a phone call from my dad asking us to head down to their storage unit because my mom had fallen; he needed me to take her to the ER and Kurt to help him finish up unloading.

We got there, they gave her a blessing and then Emi and I took her up to the hospital. On the way Emi said a prayer that the doctors would help grandma feel better and not eat her. (She's got a pretty active imagination) My mom was doubled over in pain the whole ride there. They took some x-rays and came back to tell her that she had a fracture in the bone connected to the joint in her right shoulder...possible multiple fractures. The doctor said from his opinion he thinks she'll need surgery, but they won't know till she makes an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. So, until then she's being sent home in a sling with pain meds. I know these things never happen at a convenient time, but this will be particularly hard with my brother Jase coming home from his mission in a few weeks. Keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

The Pollard Family said...

Oh I am so sorry! That is so sad. We'll be praying for her. I hope things work out and that her shoulder heals.

Jennie said...

We are thinking of her and praying that she gets better soon. Take care.

Kami Alkire Photography said...

Oh my goodness! How is your mom doing? Good think she has good helpers so close :)