Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Emilee at 2

Emilee keeps us pretty busy, but she is a lot of fun. Kurt and I were just talking about how we want to write all the funny things she says, and how much she has learned. We haven't officially started yet, but today I will blog some of her achievements.

She loves to Sing: There are 4 songs that she can sing all the way through without any help. I am a child of God, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The ABC's, and Rock-A-Bye and Don't you cry. She's got parts of the folling songs down: I love to see the Temple, Follow the Prophet, Row Row Row your Boat, and differents songs from the disney princess movies.

She Love Disney Princesses: She can name all the following princesses when pointed to, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Jasmine, and Mulan. She can also name most the cast in The Little Mermaid, Beauty in the Beast, Peter Pan and Aladin.

She can point out and name the following church things: Temples, Jesus, The Prophet "Thomas S. Monson"

She likes to dress herself and in the morning when I go to get her from her room she usually has her shoes and socks on with her Jammies.

She's learning how to count. She can count to 10 but sometimes misses 3 and 5. Colors are another thing...she might be color blind haha.

She recognizes times of the day in accordance to food. In the morning she says "I want sum breakfast." In the afternoon "I hungry, I want sum lunch", at night "I want sum dinner." Any other time its "I want a treat/drink" But just recently she has changed the "I want" to "I need" very smart girl.

She gives all of her toys and dolls naps. At christmas time she would take the ornaments off my tree and lay them on the couch with a blanket over them. I asked her why and she replied "Shhh...they sleepin." When she drops a doll she pickes her up and says "I sorry, you ok?"

These are just some of the things I thought I'd share...because she is at such a fun age. I heard someone say once that if we gave birth to 2year olds people would stop having kids. I would have to disagree, I think I would have more! I love my little girl.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

it is such a fun time when they start using more words and her personality comes out more. What a cutie. We too love all the princesses. You will have to take her to disney.

Cameron's Corner said...

What a magical day Alyssa! You are such a great mom, what a blessed little girl you have.

Loves

Betsy.

Talai said...

It sounds like she is growing into a bright, beautiful, and funny girl. I have to say, I have been a little bit frustrated with Owen because of his tantrums, but I'm hoping once his vocab increases to more then 13 words we will have better luck!