Monday, October 11, 2010

Sewing Fun!

So I really wanted a Hooter-Hider or Udder-Cover or Nursing Cover, whatever you want to call it...but I didn't want to pay $30+ on one. I know they have discounts and other things occasionally but I've been having a lot of fun learning how to sew, and there's just this feeling of accomplishment when you can use something you make...even though its not a professionals work (: I thought I'd post some pictures of it, 'cause I was pleased with the finished product.

This is the fabric I used. I did mine double-sided 'cause I wanted a lining on the front.


I put a pocket in the bottom right and the top left, I can put nursing pads, burp cloth, binky, Lanolin (nipple cream), pretty much anything I might need while breastfeeding. I'm right handed so the location of the pockets makes it helpful.


I put boning in the top so that its breathable and I can view my baby without the whole world viewing me. (: And an adjustable neck strap that gets tighter if the baby starts pulling. Better than a blanket that my daughter use to pull off and thus give everyone a show...haha


And to show that your husband can wear it too...haha My hubby was a good sport and modeled it for me, see how the boning makes it come out just enough. He's got the neck strap adjusted too tight for him, but you get the picture.


I'm quite a bit smaller than him, so you can tell that its plenty of fabric to cover on all sides. I did mine in fabric that coordinates with a diaper bag and carseat cover that my mom and I are working on. Sooooo excited!

2 comments:

Michael and Amanda Ellis said...

You are so talented! I love the colors and that is awesome that you made it all by yourself. Good job friend:)

THE CASPERSON'S said...

I Love it! That is such a good idea to put pockets on it. Very cute.