Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An AMAZING Birthday!

It is rather ironic that one of my hardest days happened right around the same time as one of my best. I won't complain because I desperately needed it. Yesterday the 16th was my Birthday. On Monday nightthe 15th my husband took me out to dinner and a movie because he had to work on my bithday. (He works nights, but Monday was President's Day so he had it off) We went to Roosters which I picked but we weren't all too impressed with it, fun still the same. Then we saw Sherlock Holmes, it was great!

The next morning (my birthday) my husband surprised me and got up at 6:30am packed up Emilee and went to my sister in law's to babysit for me so I could sleep in. I watch kids Monday-Friday 7:30am to 12:30pm...but he went for me. I slept till 10:30am and it felt so good. Then I woke up and got ready because my mom called and invited me out to lunch with her and my dad. We went to the Greenery (Yummy!) I got home and my husband left for work, while Emi and I headed to the gym to work out and watch kids. I was tempted to just leave after I watched the kids and not work out but I didn't. I went to ZUMBA and it was the best class ever. Kami is an amazing instructor. It made me feel great. I got home about 7pm Kurt called to say he'd pick up a little caeser's pizza so I wouldn't have to cook and he'd eat with me before he went back to work.

Well, my wonderful husband showed up at 8:30pm with take out from Hug Hess and a movie, he had requested the rest of the night off to be with me! Emi and my hubby put candles in the cake and Emi blew them out. All throughout the day Emi would come up to me and say "Mama bend down," I would and she'd wrap her arms around me and say "Happy Birthday, can I blow out your candles?" Many friends and family called to wish me a happy birthday, and it really was an amazing Day thanks to all my friends, family, amazing hubby, and beautiful little girl.

2 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

Happy belated Birthday Alyssa! I'm glad you had such a great day that followed a not-so-good-day. You deserve it.

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday! if I had known earlier today at church I would have told her! i hope that it was GREAT it sounds like you had a great day! =-) yes lets trade for sure!