Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Epiphany!

As you all know from my previous post I have been working out very consistently for the last 4weeks and have lost 4 lbs. About 1lb/week. Its slow going, but healthy weight loss. Well, I have a tip for you all. If you'd like to loose 3lbs in 2days then I have the best secret....are you ready....Ok this is it..... GET STREP! I had the worst sore throat when I woke up on Friday, Friday night came and my husband was up with me all night while I cried and whined 'cause I couldn't sleep. Morning came and I went to the doctor and was told I had strep. They put me on antibiotics and gave me these really awesome suckers that numb your throat. The first time I didn't put it back far enough so it just numbed my tongue and I drooled a bit, but by the second time I used it I was a pro. I haven't eaten a whole lot for the last two days and I've slept a whole bunch. So tonight when I stepped on the scale to see if I'd kept off what I'd lost previously I was greatly surprised to see the scale read 125! Woo-hoo I haven't weighed that in a while. But, seriously...I work my butt of for the last 4 weeks and get 4lbs...I get sick, lay around all day and sleep and watch movies while my wonderful husband takes care of me and my daughter and I loose 3 lbs. NOT FARE. I guess we'll just consider my episode with strep a true body cleanser...I should write a book!

So if you'd like to loose 3lbs in 2days find someone with strep and share drinks with them, I'd say you could come over to my house but I've been on antibiotics and my doctor said I'd only be contagious for 24hrs after my first dose. Sorry! (: But you can look for my new book....

"How getting Strep enhanced my life."

P.S. It really has sucked and I hope that anyone that was near me late Thursday to Friday doesn't get it. I know I didn't share drinks or swap spit with anyone during that time frame so you should be good.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I hope you feel better soon, did your daughter catch it? good job on the working out and working on your goal.

The Jones' said...

Oh Alyssa... you are such a goof!

p.s. You have such a beautiful family.